Guidelines for the Media at NPAFC Meetings
- Journalists wishing to attend NPAFC meetings that are open to the public must be registered with the NPAFC Secretariat prior to or at the meetings.
- At the time of registration, the Secretariat will provide journalists with the following:
a) A name tag showing affiliation
b) Information on meetings they may attend
c) Information on the names of spokespersons for the Contracting Parties and the Commission
d) Information on the time of a press conference, if any
e) Information on the availability of documents
- Journalists are not allowed entry to a delegation room without permission from that delegation.
- Media interviews cannot be conducted in NPAFC meeting rooms or Secretariat rooms.
- A news release will be available at the end of NPAFC Annual Meetings.
- Journalists are requested to use a telephoto lens when taking photos during a meeting and to avoid disturbing the work of participants.
Rules of Procedure for Observers to Attend NPAFC Meetings
The Commission may invite any intergovernmental or other organizations, as appropriate, to participate as observers at selected meetings of the Commission. It may also invite additional persons to participate as guests or observers at such meetings and such invitation may be initiated by any Party. Decision shall be taken by consensus among all Parties.
Any organization desiring to participate as an observer in a meeting of the Commission on its own initiative, shall notify the Executive Director of its desire to participate at least 90 days in advance of the meeting via an application. The Executive Director shall send such applications to the Parties for their consideration at least 60 days prior to the Annual Meeting. A decision of the Commission on that matter shall be taken by consensus among all Parties at least 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting.